TAKE CARE OF YOUR PATIENTS BY TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF
The Physician Wellness Program (PWP) provides a safe harbor for physicians to address normal life difficulties in a confidential and professional environment.
WHY WAS THIS PROGRAM CREATED?
A physician’s life can be difficult. Problems with the current health care delivery system, maintaining a healthy work/life/family balance, and dealing with the normal stresses of everyday life do take their toll on physicians.
Often our patients turn to us for counseling and guidance, but who can we turn to when we need to talk through an issue or get some coaching for how to handle the stresses in our lives? Too often the answer is “no one,” and that is regrettable because it is important that we be as healthy as possible in our role as health care providers.
It is important that we function at our best in all areas of our life. By addressing areas of difficulty, we can decrease our stress levels and increase our level of resilience and effectiveness.
Some examples of those difficulties include:
- Family Issues Relationship problems
- Work-related difficulties
- Depression & anxiety
- Difficulty managing stress
- Mood swings
- Suicidal thoughts
HOW PWP WORKS
We have focused our program with two independent psychology groups. These groups provide counseling to active physician members of the Lee County Medical Society (LCMS), up to eight visits per calendar year. Non-urgent sessions can be scheduled during regular business hours.
Our providers maintain a confidential file for each physician. No insurance will be billed and LCMS will not be given any information about those who utilize the program. As such, this program is completely confidential. LCMS will pay a monthly bill based on the number of sessions provided. LCMS membership will be verified with the physician finder on the LCMS website.
- All Lee County Medical Society members are eligible for 8 free sessions each calendar year as part of their membership benefits.
- Complete confidentiality; LCMS staff will have no access to records or names of clients.
- Convenient locations in Fort Myers and Naples.
How to make an appointment:
1. Select from one of the following vetted Psychology Groups.
2. Call and inform them that you would like to use Lee County Medical Society Physician Wellness Program. The providers will verify membership via the LCMS website. Please note, if you are not currently a member, you may email Julie Ramirez, LCMS Executive Director at email@example.com to start the application process.
Please review these two groups for the best choice for you:
The Center for Psychology, 12499 Brantley Commons Court, Suite 101, Fort Myers, FL 33907
Private Line for LCMS Members: 239-208-3984
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday ~ 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
After hours appointments may be available.
Naples office by appointment only.
Associates In Family Psychology, 13430 Parker Commons Blvd. Ste 101, Fort Myers, Florida 33912
OFFICE: 239-561-9955 Private line 239-297-0530
Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday ~ 8:30am - 9:00pm
Evenings and Saturdays may be available.
Donations to the Foundation on behalf of the Physician Wellness Program can be made by clicking HERE.
The Lee County Medical Society Foundation is a 501C3. Tax ID #81-4328651